Monday, December 5, 2011

Spritz Cookies

Many years ago I got a cookie press and set out to find a yummy recipe to make using it. I found this recipe and adapted it from Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.

These are one of my son's absolute favorites. I only make them at Christmas, but I really could make them any time of the year by switching the shape in the press and changing the color!,

Spritz Cookies

1 cup soft butter
2/3 cups sugar
3 egg yolks
1tsp. Almond flavoring
Food coloring
2 1/2 cups flour

In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar, egg yolks, flavoring and food coloring until well blended. Gradually mix in flour. Following the directions for your cookie press, place dough inside and press onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 400 degrees 7-10 minutes or until set, not brown.


These do not work well with parchment paper. Press directly onto your cookie sheet. Also, when I recently made these, I made the dough one day, refrigerated it, then baked it the next. This was the most trouble I ever had with these cookies, so I don't recommend doing that either. Add to the fact the my cookie press is on the brink of breaking, and you can just imagine how frustrated I was.

Despite all that, I got the cookies baked, though most are brown on the edge because I didn't care by that point. But they still tasted yummy!

I will be attempting another batch here soon, hopefully with less frustrating effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment