Monday, December 19, 2011

Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken

Many years ago, I visited my friend Tricia L. at her home and we spent an afternoon looking through cookbooks. I took some of her recipes home with me, and this became one of our favorites! It is very quick and easy, and most of the ingredients, are things you probably already have in your pantry (note: don’t keep chicken breast in the pantry).

Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken – I am not sure of it’s origin, but as far as I am concerned, it comes from Tricia L.

4 Chicken Breasts

¼ tsp. black peppers
¾ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. thyme
¼ tsp. parsley

2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. garlic powder
3 Tbsp. Lime juice


1. Use hammer on chicken covered with Saran Wrap to thin out and make even.
2. In a small bowl, mix first list of dry ingredients. Sprinkle ½ on one side of chicken.
3. Heat butter & oil in skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet seasoned side down. Sprinkle other 1/2 of seasonings on top side of chicken. Sauté chicken until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes on each side. During last 2 minutes, sprinkle with 2 tsp. garlic powder & lime juice.


I can’t begin to tell you how yummy this is. You just have to try it! I like to serve it over Uncle Ben’s Converted Rice. It’s fairly simple to make, and you can have all the spices mixed up and your chicken pounded flat in advance! I use bottled lime juice because it’s easier, and it is still great!

No comments:

Post a Comment