Monday, December 19, 2011

Lasagna




I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, Diane, several years ago when I still lived in Michigan after she made it for us once! It is soooo good. I believe she got the recipe from her mom. I haven’t changed the ingredients, but I did simplify the assembly in order to cut down on the prep time (you know how I am about that). So, Diane, I hope you aren’t too upset!

Lasagna – from my SIL, Diane

1 pkg. Lasagna noodles
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1-3 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 ½ packages mozzarella
1 egg
½ cup milk
24 oz. ricotta cheese
1 pkg. pepperoni
Parmesan Cheese

Cook noodles according to directions on box. Brown meat & onion in large skillet. Mix ricotta cheese, milk & egg together in medium bowl. Stir in mozzarella cheese. Spread a little bit of sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Mix the rest of the sauce into the meat and onion mixture. In the 9x13 pan place a layer or noodles, a layer of meat mixture, cheese mixture, pepperoni. Then repeat 1-2 more times, depending on how deep your pan is! Top with parmesan cheese, cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Now, you know me. I do things a little different. I like to use the Barilla No-Boil noodles. But when I do this, I assemble the Lasagna at least 8 hours before I am going to bake it, sometimes I do it the day before. I just HATE boiling lasagna noodles. They always stick together or tear and I just get mad.

I also use a little bit more of each ingredient because it just makes my life easier. But I have made this several times. You may want to follow the recipe the first time and figure out how you like it. I can’t find a nice 24 oz. size of ricotta cheese, but I can find 15 oz containers. So I use 2 of those. I mean really, what I am going to do with an extra 6 oz. of ricotta? Same with the mozzarella, I don’t want the extra ½ pack sitting around, so I just use it. It’s all good.

Anyhow, I just don’t see how anyone could NOT like this. If you like Lasagna, I promise you will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment