Saturday, December 10, 2011

French Onion Burgers

This is one of my family's new favorite recipes! It's so easy, too! It's a Campbell's soup recipe that I pulled out of a magazine. It's kind of a cross between a French Dip Sandwich and a Cheeseburger. Sorry I don't have a picture for this, but the last time I made these I was starving and in a huge hurry, so I wasn't thinking about the camera! You can see a picture by clicking the link to the Campbell's website below the recipe. But, I'm pretty sure you can picture a cheeseburger without a lot of help! ;)

French Onion Burgers - adapted from Campbell's

1 pound ground round
1 can (10 1/2 oz.) Campbell's French Onion soup
4 slices cheese (your favorite!)
4 hamburger buns

Shape the ground beef into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Heat a 10 inch skillet (with a lid....you'll need it later) over medium-high heat. Cook burgers until they are well browned on both sides, but you are not trying to fully cook them at this point. After browned, remove them from the skillet and pour/wipe any fat from the pan. Pour the French Onion soup into the skillet and bring to a boil. Place the hamburgers back in the skillet, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, place cheese on the burgers and let sit 1-2 minutes so the cheese can melt. Serve on buns with bowls of juice for dipping!!


The original recipe for this can be found right on the can of Campbell's French Onion Soup or at
http://www.campbellkitchen.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeId=25508&ref=%2fSearchRecipesResult.aspx%3fq%3dfrench%2bonion%2bburger%26filter%3d


I love making these burgers. I can keep all the ingredients on hand easily, they are super quick to prepare, and my entire family loves them. My kids don't like to dip them in the soup, so they just put all their usual favorite cheeseburger toppings on. They love them because they are so juicy and flavorful. I like to serve them with French fries or sweet potato fries and a salad.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment