Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Turkey Cranberry Crescent Ring


Many years ago I had a Pampered Chef party and was introduced to this delicious recipe. It's one of my favorite things to make with turkey leftovers. And very easy!

Turkey Cranberry Crescent Ring

2 cans crescent rolls
2 cups chopped cooked turkey
1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 finely chopped celery
1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 egg white, lightly beaten

In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for egg white and mix well. On a large cookie sheet or baking stone, arrange the 16 crescent roll triangles in a circle, overlapping each other, and points facing out. Press the overlapping areas together with your fingers. Scoop the turkey mixture around the center of the ring, then take each point of each roll and fold it over the top and tuck it under. Once you finish folding over all the rolls and tucking them under, brush the entire ring with the egg white. This will give it a nice shiny, golden look after it is baked. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.


My kids didn't love this, but that didn't surprise me. Both my husband and I enjoyed it for a couple of days. I like to eat it cold the next day!!

You can make this with chicken, too (I have), but I personally think it tastes much better with turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment