Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cheeseburger/French Fry Casserole

This is a recipe I have made for my kids for years.  It is not low-fat.  It is not low-sodium.  It is full of processed food items.  So, if you are looking for something healthy.  This isn't it.

However, it is easy, and pretty tasty.  My kids enjoy it, and it makes enough to get some leftovers from. 

I believe I got this recipe from a magazine years ago, and it's just kind of become a comfort food staple at our house.

Cheeseburger French Fry Casserole

2 lbs. browned ground beef
1 can Golden Mushroom soup (*see note)
1 can Cheddar Cheese soup
1 bag your favorite frozen french fries

1.  Preheat oven to 350.
2.  Mix browned beef and soups.
3.  Spread in a 9x13 dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
4.  Top with french fries to cover.
5.  Bake 35-40 minutes or until fries are lightly browned.

Serve topped with salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard and pickles. 

*Note:  Ok, this is TOP SECRET...but a few years back, one of my kids found a mushroom in the casserole.  Well, they swore it was a mushroom, and I told them it wasn't.  After that, I started running the Golden Mushroom soup through my mini-food processor to pulverize any evidence of the actual mushrooms!  :) 

I usually make this ahead by browning the beef and mixing it with the soups and placing it in the pan and then putting it in the fridge until I am ready to bake.  At that point, I top it with the fries and put it in the oven.

Tonight I served it with a Caesar salad!  Big hit and everyone was happy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment