Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

I am addicted to Pumpkin Bread.  Seriously.  I could eat it all the time.  I have made a few loaves of it this fall, and then a new neighbor brough us over a loaf earlier this week.  When that was gone, I knew I needed to make more.  My family requested I put chocolate chips in it this time.  I did, but I honestly didn't like it nearly as much.  It kind of lost the pumpkin taste that I love so much.  It wasn't bad, but  it wasn't the same pumpkin bread that I had gotten addicted to. 

So you will have to decide if you want to add chocolate chips to yours.  :)  I vote no.

Pumpkin Bread - adapted from Better Homes and Gardens

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus spice blend
-OR-
1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon ginger or cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

1.  Grease the bottom and part way up the sides of a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
2.  In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and spices.  Mix well.
3.  Add pumpkin, milk, eggs and shortening.  Beat with an electric speed on low until blended.  Then beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
4.  Add the other cup of flour and beat until blended.
5.  Fold in the chocolate chips, if using.
6.  Spread batter in prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes.  Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.  Remove the bread from the pan and let cool completely on the rack.  Wrap in foil and store overnight before slicing.  It's MUCH tastier the next day!!!


Hope you all love this as much as we do...and let me know if you try it with the chocolate chips or without!

No comments:

Post a Comment