Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Turkey Meatballs

As many of you may know, we have been trying to eat healthier at our house, so I have been making some changes to things we like to eat. I was looking for a good meatball recipe to make with ground turkey, and after looking at several, I put together one of my own. Sorry there is no picture....we were hurrying to eat dinner to make it to basketball on time!

Turkey Meatballs

20 oz. package ground turkey
1 egg
1/4 cup Hodgson Mill Oat Bran cereal
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan

1.    Heat oven to 375 degrees. 
2.    Mix all ingredients in large bowl until well combined.
3.    Roll into balls using 1 tbsp. of meat for each. (I use a 1 tbsp. cookie dough scoop to measure and then formed with my hand)
4.    Place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with non-stick foil or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 8 minutes, turn over.  Bake 8 more minutes, turn over.  Bake 8 more minutes, and remove from oven. Total bake time is 24 minutes.
5.    At this point you have meatballs to use in any recipe you want!  Either eat or freeze for later use.

Makes about 45 meatballs.


These were so good, I'm thinking I won't need to make them with beef ever again. My son was gobbling them up right out of the oven. And my husband even commented on their tasty flavor.  So, this is definitely a keeper recipe for us!!!

Hope you like them, too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment