Sunday, September 22, 2013

Buffalo Turkey Meatloaf

My hubby and I have always loved buffalo wings, but what we really love is the hot sauce/blue cheese combination.  It has so much flavor!  I had previously made Buffalo Turkey Meatballs, but meatballs are so labor intensive, and I don't really want to spend my time rolling meat into balls.  So, I went ahead and modified the recipe and came up with this recipe for the meatloaf.  I also double it.  You can freeze the cooked meatloaf for another meal!  Feel free to cut the recipe in half if you don't want two.  :)

Buffalo Turkey Meatloaf

2-20 oz. packages of ground turkey (or chicken)
4 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
2 eggs
1/3 cups chopped celery
1/3 cup crumbled low fat blue cheese
1 teaspoon pepper
6 oz. Frank's Red Hot + more for topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well.  Form into two loaves and place into a 15x10 glass dish.  You can also use two smaller dishes if you don't have that size.  Bake for 45 minutes.  Coat with additional Frank's Red Hot sauce and bake for 15 more minutes, or until internal temperature registers 165 degrees.  Let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.

You will notice a lot of water bakes off the loaves.  That is normal.

We really liked this!  We tend to like things a little spicy, so we added even more hot sauce to the slices we put on our plate.  I served this with broccoli.  But it would be good with any hot veggie or a big salad!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment