Friday, August 30, 2013

Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta


For as much as I love to cook, you would think that I would have a garden. However, I am terrible at taking care of plants/flowers/gardens, etc. I kill most everything that I touch. Even if I follow the care instructions perfectly. Also, I do not like bugs. And with all plants, come bugs. So, it’s just better if I buy my produce, or drop hints to my friends with gardens, that they can off load some of their harvest to me anytime (subtle, aren’t I?).

Anyhow, the first time I made this a few years ago, my friend Tara P. had shared some cherry tomatoes with me (as well as some yummy peppers!) from her garden. It just so happened I needed dinner for that day and I wanted to make some pasta and use those cherry tomatoes. I searched around online and came across some recipes and settled on this recipe. I made this again last night with a combination of store bought tomatoes and some from my neighbor's garden (she gave them to me, I didn't help myself!)


Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta

2 bags of cherry tomatoes (NOT grape tomatoes)

2 tbsp. cup olive oil
4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
Kosher salt
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (or 1 tbsp. dry basil)
½ cup kalamata olives, chopped
12 oz. your favorite pasta



1. Heat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Line a pan with foil, heavy duty is best, but any will work.  Place tomatoes in pan and drizzle with the olive oil.  Pour the vinegar over them and then sprinkle with kosher salt. 
2. Roast tomatoes 18-20 minutes, or until tomatoes look blistered and about to burst.
3. Prepare pasta and place in a serving dish.
4. When tomatoes are done, carefully lift foil out and pour the contents over the pasta (this is why I prefer heavy duty foil...sturdier).
5.  Stir in basil and olives.

Both times I have made this I didn't have or couldn't get fresh basil, so I used dry.  I know it will be even better when I use the fresh basil. 

Enjoy with a salad and some red wine!  Delish!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment